Leamington Cycling & Athletics Club is committed to providing a safe environment for children/young people under the age of 18 to participate in athletics. Essential to this commitment, is to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to protect children/young people from the inappropriate use of photographic images.
Leamington Cycling & Athletics Club have adopted the following good practice guidelines issued by UK Athletics:
- Through the use of a Consent Form, we will ask for the permission of young athletes and their carers to take and use their image. If an athlete is named, we will avoid using their photograph.
- If a photograph is used, we will avoid naming the athlete.
- We will NEVER publish personal details (email addresses, telephone numbers, addresses etc) of a child/young person.
- We will only authorise the use of images of players in suitable dress (Tracksuit, on court clothing i.e. T-shirt/shorts/skirt, off track clothing).
Use of Photographic Filming Equipment at Athletic Events Leamington Cycling & Athletics Club will:
- Inform athletes and parents that a photographer will be in attendance at an event and ensure they consent to both the taking and publication of films or photographs.
- Require parents, spectators and authorised photographers (e.g. press) to register at an event if they wish to use any photographic equipment including mobile phones with photographic technology.
- Issue an identification pass which must be worn and clearly visible at all times during the event.
- Not allow unsupervised access to players or one to one photo sessions at events
- Not approve/allow photo sessions outside the events or at a athletes home
- Act on the concerns of any athletes and parents regarding the inappropriate use of photographic equipment
- Inform children/young people and their parents/carers if video equipment is to be used as a coaching aid.
- Ensure that any photographic images taken and used will be stored safely.