Leamington Cycling & Athletic Club
Senior Men & Women Cross Country Season Awards – points scoring
For many years LCAC has operated an annual Winter season (XC) award for Men (Chandler Challenge Cup (CCC)) and for women (Kate Rourke Rose Bowl (KRRB)). This is to encourage senior athletes to compete for the club in XC throughout the season. Here is the new scoring system suggested by Alex and agreed by the committee:
- 4 races for men in Birmingham League based on same scoring of 2 pts in scoring team (6), 1 pt for 7-12th and 0.5 pt for others.
- 4 races for Midland Ladies League based on same scoring of 2 pts scoring team (4) and 0.5 pt for others
- Club XC Championship – 3pts for first, 2 for second and 1 for third – both men and ladies, 0.5 pt for other finishers.
- Christmas XC Championship – as above for Club Championships.
- Warwickshire XC Championship – New introduction to promote the County event within the Club. Scoring 2pts for scoring team (6/4) and 0.5 pt for others.
This gives us a reduced number of races and will award the most committed and consistent runners over the season. Again those runners who compete in all the races will have a better chance in picking up the CCC or KRRB.
For any race that LCAC promote from Birmingham, Midland Ladies, County an active member who helps on the day of the race (and therefore cannot run) should be awarded 1 pt towards the overall seasons.
A more detailed version of the reasons for the new scoring is available on request from: